We have discovered that coloring can be so cool and beautiful when we stay in the lines and don't just scribble. We have been coloring our guts out for a few months and Bostyn is actually getting pretty good at it. The other day while Cruz took his nap and my fingers were about to fall off I thought it would be fun to paint some paper plates......not a good idea! Now it's paint, color, paint, color every day while he takes his naps. She knows I only get out the paint when he is asleep. I have already wiped crayon off my floor, armoire, wall, table.....can you imagine letting his grubby little fingers get a hold of that wet paint?! The funniest thing now is Cruz will just be chillin' not making a peep playing with his little hot wheels and she will tell me that he is ornery and whiny and needs to go to sleep.
We moved on from paper plates to pumpkins to anything lacking color in our home.
So I have had these plain wood letters sitting above our stove that Gabe's grandpa made for every family about a year ago. So I thought why not? She had a blast! Every letter she would come running in the house to tell me to come out and see how adorable it was getting. And here is the finished project.
(Yes, I am aware that my picture taking skills are amazing!! I take after Shannon ;) ).
So we just got back from Hobby Lobby! And while walking out to the car with our next little project sitting in the shopping cart, Bostyn turns to me and says, "gosh mom, Cruzer sure is being ornery and whiny right now huh?!" He was just sitting there with his bink and blank being the Vern he is.
4 comments:
Seiously... you are the BEST mom! Tutu does not even know how lucky she is. xoxoxo
so cute!
I am so agreeing with Shannon on this one! Your picking up next projects at hobby lobby and i throwing away anything that could get me to involved! Were coming up to play at your house when Cruz is ornery...which sounds like often lol
so why vern? what's the meaning?
Post a Comment