Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy 4th "UN-Birthday" to Bostyn!

We were a little late on Bostyns 3 1/2 yr. mark this Summer to celebrate her "un-birthday."  Time flies by when you're homeless and spend half your summer living in the red hotel down by the river.  With Summer just being Summer: swimming, playing outside, yard sales, softball, friends, more swimming etc., it can go by in a hurry.  Then October hit and I knew that I wanted to get a friend birthday party in for Bostyn and not wait til Dec. 20th on her actual day to celebrate.  December=CRAZINESS in our family.  And I'm sure it's not the best timing for some to be out doing more shopping for a birthday party.  So less stress on everyone :)

We decided to a party for her dance/pre-school/gym daycare friends and we will have a small cake/ice cream get together for our families in December.  It was a small group of 7 that I could fit in my house.

I put my mom in charge of the invites again because she is just so dang good at it! 
I even got a little crafty......thanks to Pinterest! (and I am still on the hunt for that perfect Levi shirt!)
I went with Harmons to do Bostyns cake.  I looked at elaborate cakes from local bakeries and there were so many darling to die for cakes but I am trying to save a few bucks here for Christmas because I am so excited I can't stand it and yes I have already started and have probably already bought too much for my kids.  And I am glad I stuck with the $15.00 cake because like I knew would happen.  A couple licks of frosting here and maybe one or two bites were eaten.

I got fake pumpkins from a craft store and all these fun little supplies for the kids to decorate a pumpkin any way they wanted.  They turned out really cute.  And easy for the kids to do by themselves.  We played Halloween Bingo and had a witches broom fishing pond type game where they each won two prizes.
Bostyn is so lucky to have such good kids for her friends.  And I am so lucky to have their mamas for my friends.  She loved all her gifts.  Crafts and dolls are right up her alley.  Yes, I am aware that she looks super duper pumped for her Lalaloopsy doll in that picture but Sunshine I promise it has been one of her favorites!  It is her first ever Lalaloopsy and she was so excited to finally get one!  ( and gee I don't know but she may be getting a couple more and some mini's for Christmas ;) 
That cute witch I stole from my mom's.  Halloween is my mom's thing and she could honestly open up her own Halloween City store  upstairs in our old bedroom!
Thanks to all that came and thanks a bunch for the cute presents.
XXoXooXOxOOxoOXOoxOX

4 comments:

Amber Lynn said...

HOW STINKIN FUN!!!! looks like it was a blast! your such a great scary momma!! and very crafty

Concerned Mom said...

I just had to leave a comment on this one. I know the feeling of being homeless. I have been there. You try so hard to keep it as normal as possible for the kids so they don't feel out of place. Sounds like you made things great for her.

HaleyandGabe said...

I'm sorry to hear that concerned mom!! and yes, for sure we will do anything for our kids :)

*WEST* said...

What a lucky little girl! She has such a FABULOUS Mama!!!