I first wanted to start off this post with this picture of my BEAUTIFUL Christmas tree......Every time I would walk in the house or come around the corner and see it, in my head I would say, "now this here is a tree!" you know the movie with Ralphie and the Red Ryder.....when they go out to buy their x-mas tree. The tree man would say, "this is a tree, now this here is a tree," about all the trees he was trying to sell Raphie's dad?.....anyways. There it is, our lovely tree. Pretty much all of our ornaments made their way onto Bostyn's little Christmas tree she had in her room.
And now onto the only pictures I have of our Christmas day. I am so mad I did not take more. We were rolling the video camera though and caught some cute/funny stuff. AND I had the worst sinus pressure going on that week of x-mas and it was at its prime on Christmas day it was awful. If you know me I do not like to medicate for anything, I just wait stuff out and let it run its course. But this sent me right to the insta care Sunday morning for some relief! I figured ok, my boogers are now like orange/brown infected looking, I better go. Sorry for the details but sure enough I came home with a script of antibios.

Bostyn must have made it off the naughty list just in time because Santa brought her the 3 things she was asking for. A Bee pillow pet, a scooter, and a movie. She started to tell people she wanted an iTouch like a week before Christmas and I was running around frantic trying to find her one.....hahahahha totally kidding! What kid who has been 3 years old for only five days needs an iTouch?! We did get her an iXL. Which is like an iTouch but something more for the pre-schooler age. It flips open and turns from a book to a game player. You can also put any music on you want and photos. It also lets you draw, color, paint, and stamp things on the photos. She has caught on so fast on how to work it. She is LOVING it! For now anyway until we can get outside and test out that scooter. But Shannon's basement has come in handy for scootin' too!

These are some of the games we have downloaded to her iXL that she plays. Weeks before Christmas I was learning it and getting it loaded with stuff so it was ready for her to have at it, I played it at night in my bed. Gabe would laugh at me. I would stamp and draw on our photos. Give us princess crowns and potato head faces......It really is so much fun! Very glad we got it!





I also went out on a limb and got Play-Doh and this cute little storage thing. She is loving it too. So far no regrets with it.
I will say her other favorite present is this movie projector that Grandma Taralyne gave her. She is having so much fun watching movies on the ceiling in her bed after baths at night.

I think its a bunch of crap that we didn't have all this cool stuff when we were little!!
She was also super happy with anything she got that she can give make-overs with. Her new favorite thing is giving "appointments". Thats what she calls them. This includes a full face of make-up, nails painted and if you are lucky a nice hard brush job to the hair. Even Papa Kevin is a very loyal customer to the Majesty. Wish I had my camera after some of his appointments! You even get to talk about your 'boy problems' at the appts. but be careful cause she charges. She did get a piggy bank for x-mas too.
anyways, Cruzer is Cruisin'-
this little guy would have been happy just to play in the toilet water on x-mas. Doesn't take much to please this kid. He is walking around the house with a little help. He has to stop at every outlet and pull out whatever is in it....wall flowers, chargers, anything. I am going to have to buy those safety covers for the outlets I think. Just always into the mischief. Not like his sister was. Bostyn could have cared less for opening doors, outlets, toilets, garbage cans, buttons on the fax machine/computer she was too busy watching Dora and learning to speak Spanish at 11 months....I didn't have to child proof my house much for her. He has no interest in t.v. or movies like Einstein and Elmo. Which sucks cause now I am going to have to teach him stuff myself!! ha ha, I know that sounds so bad but Bostyn is smarter than me and I am not giving myself any credit for it. Hats off to Dora, Einsteins, and Elmo!

This is one of the toys he got and loves. There are buttons and things to open and shut. Thats all that matters. Enough said. And this was one of my purchases I made at Target on Black Friday after waiting outside in the freezing ass cold in single digit degrees at 2:30 in the morning. Oh and I got a 24 pack of Play-Doh too......soooo worth the frost bite, NOT!
So I love Christmas time! Christmas Eve is actually my favorite day of the year. I cannot describe the way I feel that day. Especially now with kids, I could barely sleep at nights. I was wishing for it to just get here already so I could sleep again. The excitement for me was how I remember it when I was a kid. Up all night long Christmas Eve. Falling asleep for what felt like hours but look at the clock and only 27 mins have passed since the last time you checked and it is only 11:38. Begging Shannon to just come downstairs and peek with me. I just love the whole week of Christmas, its the BEST! You all know that feeling I am talking about. And when Christmas is over I get so down. Just wish I could make that feeling stay all year long.....Well only 352 more days to go. HO HO HO!
4 comments:
hahahhaha I love this post! We should of taken pictures of our makeover's yesterday!
Yes what is up with us not having toys like that!! But you know whats sad? Our kids will never know what its like to live outside and play in ditches and be totally content with that cause we now are to busy keeping up on all the latest and greatest gadgets!!!
I'm totally with you, I love Christmas too! So glad my daughter isn't the only one who loves the toilet water!
HEY!!!! Yay!! We are going to be running fools! So fun!!! I cant wait and I have no idea what that part of the run is...but it sounds hard. I'll cross my fingers I can do it! :)
YOU HAVE THE MOST GORGEOUS CHILDREN....seriously, you are making me baby hungry! Gorgeous blog...LOVE IT! Christmas is the best!
Post a Comment