Friday, April 23, 2010

"BIG GIRLS" and A BUMP ON THE HEAD

Bostyn has been wearing "big girls" now for about two weeks. We were coming down to the last diaper for her and I did not want to buy anymore plus having two in them can get pricey! She is so stinkin smart I knew she would catch on so we just went for it. The first two days I felt like giving up because I was so sick of asking her if she had to go potty every 15 mins and she was getting so sick of me asking and forcing her to try over and over and over but I just kept on keepin on. The third day when she finally told me she had to pee it was a moment of pure joy, she was getting it!!! She has had a total of three pee accidents: two at home and one over to a friends (sorry Chad and Jenn :)) I feel pretty good about this since we have been to parks, pirate pizza, Gabes softball games, story times, jumping on the tramp with the boys blah blah blah....you know places where you would think, shoot she is going to be to busy playing and would forget about her "big girls." But anyways, many many prizes and candy later I think we got it! She is doing awesome and we are so proud of her!

however, in the mean time...........this happened!

She was standing on her potty stool leaning over scooting her way back to sit on the dora toilet. I was holding the Dora seat in place for her and she leaned to far over and fell off smack on the top of the forehead. I picked her up and she was crying so hard and not taking any breaths. So I started blowing in her face to get her to take a breath and she took a couple but then passed out right in my arms. She came to after what seemed like forever and all she wanted to do was sleep. Doctor said to let her sleep but only for 20 minutes then get her up and ask questions and play with her and see how she does. Later in the day her eye became a little droopy and little by little it got darker and darker. The hit on the head was draining down into her eye. She thinks it's beautiful purple make-up. And even better she still wants to use the toilet. The first thing I thought was well there went the "big girls" I think she doesn't even remember what happened.

6 comments:

Lacie said...

You must be the BEST POTTY TRAINER in the WORLD!!!! I suck at it I told Eddie I'm just not gifted in that area. I had such a hard time with Eli I NEVER wanted to do it with Ryder. Hopefully, for my sake, he will be COMPLETELY done by the time I have this baby or else I will be in a world of hurt. Diapers are way to expensive! As soon as Ryder is done I will start with Maelie:) WOW, that was long sorry!! So sad about her fall that would have freaked me out.

Walker Family said...

I am coming home in may do you want to potty train Gavin. He is 3 and does not want a thing to do with the potty. So sorry about the bump. I would be freaking out.

HaleyandGabe said...

girls girls girls......i think its the boys!! they just take longer than girls. Just you wait, Lacie your little Maelie will catch on so fast and same to you Sydney, girls are just smarter than boys :)

Sunshine said...

Girls are so much quicker at the potty training thing, for sure. At least at my house.
Treyce was pretty impressed with her black eye and Bentley kept saying she wants a purple eye like Bostyn's

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Oh my heck that is so sad. At least she is ok and just thinks its pretty makeup. She is the cutest thing ever and I love that she loves "Sandy" lol!! "Sandy" loves her lots too!!

Makenzie said...

Cruz is to die for!!! And WOW for having bostyn potty trained!!! Im excited for you!