So like a month ago on a Sunday night Cruz is yelling in his crib shortly after I laid him down for night night. We can hear him on the monitor saying, "broke broke Bobby broke" so I go in there and sure enough he has bit a hole in every single bobby he owns. His crib always looked like a damn bobby store. He had like 8-10 in there at all times. If he lost one throughout the day he could just go help himself to another one. I always check on my kids before I go to sleep at night and Cruz would have one in his mouth and one in each hand. I had just bought him 2 brand new bobbies on Wednesday prior to this night too!!! I was refusing to run to the store Sunday night to buy more just so he can bite holes in them too. I went in his room and told Cruz that yep the bobbies are broke and that I was sorry and walked away. He did not like that. I think he cried about his broken bobbies for an hour and fifteen minutes before he fell asleep. I'm not going to lie that after about 40 mins I almost caved and went to WalMart. Yes his crying was getting unbearable but I started to feel so bad knowing how much he loved bobby and hearing him say "broke bobbies" over and over was sooooooo sad!!!
Gabe and I just went with it. No more new bobbies! I knew I had to work in the morning and prayed for Cruz that he would survive home with broke bobby and his dad. I called Gabe from work to see how it was going. I thought he was lying when he told me that when he got Cruz out of his crib in the morning he just lined up all his broke bobbies against the bumper pad and said "broke bobby" and let Gabe lift him out and he just left them there. He had his little blanket and that was that. What the heck?!?!!!!! I am still kind of shocked to this day how this even happened. Since that night he keeps his broke bobbies against the pad and lines them up each morning before he gets out and after that they don't even exist to him. Just goes to show that we as parents are more dependent on those binks than the kids actually are......REALLY!!!
And besides, how can a kid with this tough of a hair do have a wussy bobby?!
And just for laughs......at least he didn't have to watch his bobbies drown in the Provo River. I think Cruz got it easy compared to how his sister had to let her binks go. Talk about traumatizing! What in the hell were Gabe and I thinking?! So rude. Oh well, the job got done and we are all bobby free :)
5 comments:
This is the best post ever! I can't believe you made Boston's drowned!! Hahaha! You kill me!
This is so sad!!!! Poor Tutu! I kinda miss "Bobby"!
Thanks so much for linking to my site. My goodness, if there could ever be a more beautiful family! Simply gorgeous all around.
Ah, I love the fohawk haircut!!
Post a Comment