Sunday, August 28, 2011

Half Marathon #2

I just ran the Hobble Creek 1/2 marathon and it's true what they say, it is a quick run with gently rolling down hill stretches and the spectacular scenery of the nearby Wasatch Mountains.  I got to witness the beautiful scenery up close and personal at about mile 8.6 with a little detour into the woods that HAD to be made right then and there if ya know what I mean......which I feel threw me off and got me out of a groove.  If you are a runner you know that minutes lost in running are hard to get back and most likely you won't.  I wanted to go back to the starting line and start over.  But I slugged through it and finished. 
Hobble Creek Half Marathon Utah
My official time was 1:42, 12th place out of 76 women in my age group.  They handed me a small little medal in a package as I crossed the finish and had no idea what it even was and I misplaced it somewhere between catching my breath at finish and downing a chocolate milk.  I just thought it was something that they were giving out to all runners but I later learned that top overall 100 men and women recieved a special "Elite 100" medallion.  So thats kind of cool, whoops!!  My experience was okay but I will definitely be signing up next year with smarter eating the day before and some possible Imodium maybe ;)     
 These are my racing buddies minus Sunshine who was finishing and a few others that did not sign up to run this race.  We pump together, swim together, and run as much as we can together.  Such a fun group and so nice to have around to keep you from slackin off.  They are also good for trips to Yogurtland so you don't feel guilty going alone.  Even minutes after getting our butts kicked at pump we will fuel up on Yogurtland.  Peanut butter cookie flavor is a good source of protein right?!
And this lady in the green is Cassidy.  She is the one who introduced me to pump like 4 years ago and it completely saved me and my time spent at the gym.  I love the class with a passion!!!!  and Cassidy is a crazy fast runner.  She took 3rd in our age group and finished the race in........1:28, are you kidding me?! Maybe one day I will be as fast as her, bahahahaha!!! p.s. she had a baby 8 months ago too.  Um yeah, she is turbo!
Next on the list is the 187 mile two day running adventure!!

September 9th and 10th
GO PINK TACOS!!!

9 comments:

*WEST* said...

Dang that scenic route you just had to take!!! Until next time..... GO PINK TACO'S!!!!

Lacie said...

Do you take pump from Golds? I want to start going to a class, and need a good recommendation.

HaleyandGabe said...

8th north Golds in Orem Mon. Wed. 7:00-8:00!!! no other class compares, its all about the instructor. COME!!!!!

Lacie said...

Maybe someday I will show up but I live in Spanish Fork so thats a good drive to work out:) I will have to try the class at SF Golds and see how it is.

Codi said...

Wow, you guys are amazing! I told all my running buddies out here about how fast you guys are. It is good motivation, especially considering that you both have babies younger than mine :(

Good Luck with Red Rock! Sounds so fun!

Sunshine said...

You are amazing! I love the fact that no matter how good you do you are mad that you didn't do better. You are a major inspiration for me. I'm so excited/nervous/scared for Red Rock but it will be a lot of fun.
I can't wait to see how fast you run the Boston marathon :)
One of these days I tell ya!

Tabitha said...

you and cassidy look awesome! you guys are seriously sexy ladies. I wish I lived in orem so I was closer to you guys for some work out motivation!

Amber Lynn said...

GO GIRL< Run Forest Run.. Your awesome, Way to go,,, p.s. I can not get enough of that bostyn and Cruz.. freakin cute kids, and getting so big too fast, HUGS

dayofmine said...

Congratulations on being able to do that! Definitely an accomplishment.