Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Christmas Survey

I came across this Christmas survey on another blog and since I was just sitting at home killing time during Cruz's nap I played along.  Feel free to do the same.  It helped kill some time until Christmas gets here.....I cannot wait much longer!

25 Questions: Holiday Style

1.  Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?    Since I haven't really tried eggnog enough to say, I will just go with hot chocolate.
2.  Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?  He does both.
3.  Colored lights on tree/house or white?  White on the house (if I ever do them) and colored on the tree.  Especially my tree with no ornaments, the colored lights give it a little something.
4.  Do you hang mistletoe?  Nope, never even seen it in real life.
5.  When do you start decorating?  Usually after Thanksgiving.  This year I'm a little excited and tree went up shortly after Halloween.
6.  What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?  I have fallen in love with stuffing over the years.
7.  Favorite holiday memory as a child?  Singing to our player piano and light up Christmas sign/karaoke machine thing.
8.  What is on your Christmas wish list?  Honestly I don't really have a wish for something.  Maybe some Detergent, sheets, toilet paper.  Man how things change when you grow up!
9.  Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?  Nope.  Never.  Rude of my parents right?!
10.  How do you decorate your Christmas tree?  Need I say more?

This is last years tree but this year doesn't look any better.
11.  Snow, love it or dread it?  I dread it!!!! I don't ski/or snowboard.  I hate walking around the house and changing my socks ten times a day because I step in wet spots from snow that has been tracked in.....grrrrr!  It can snow Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but that's it.
12.  Real tree or fake tree?  Fake with the lights on and everything!!
13.  Do you remember your favorite gift?  I would say Bostyn since she came home Dec. 23rd but growing up it has to be the bike I got when I was like 6 or so.  It had a basket on the front too :)
14.  What's the most important thing about Christmas for you?  Spending time with family and making the holiday fun for my kids.  Like taking them to look at Christmas lights, Elf on the Shelf, my radio is on 100.3 which is 24/7 Christmas music for 24/7, gingerbread houses, wrapping presents, making Christmas cookies.
15.  What is your favorite holiday dessert?  Pumpkin pie, anything chocolate/peanut butter.
16.  What is your favorite tradition?  The Christmas tree we do at my moms house on Christmas Eve night.  And now it is totally being Santa to my kids!!
17.  What tops your tree?  This year we have the Nightmare Before Christmas Jack the Pumpkin King plush doll up there.
18.  Do you prefer giving or receiving?  Receiving duh!!! hahaha, I can't get over how fun it is to be Santa.  And this year we have something up our sleeves for my parents.....can't wait!
19.  What is your favorite Christmas song?  O Holy Night.  Always has been, always will be.  I also like, One more sleep 'til Christmas from Muppets Christmas Carol.
20.  Candy canes, yuck or yum?  Never really been a true fan.
21.  Favorite Christmas movie?  Muppets Christmas Carol.  Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation are good ones too!!
22.  What do you leave for Santa?  Have never left him anything.  I guess now we leave our Elf on the Shelf for him to take back to the north pole until next year.
23.  Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?  We get to quickly look at what Santa brought us before heading over to Grandma Jans for a little breakfast and presents.
24.  Do you prefer to shop online or at the mall?  At the mall!
25.  Christmas letter or Christmas card?  A Christmas card with a picture.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

I think I'll copy your Christmas survey...

Love the tree...

*WEST* said...

I loved this!!!